Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy Birthday BattleBeads

A year ago today, I sold the first BattleBeads Rosary. :) Hard to believe it's a year later and I'm still getting special requests. Just got one today in fact regarding a 6 decade Brigittine Rosary that I'll be making shortly. I always very much like to design something new or something uniquely custom ... really looking forward to it! :)
I was going to let this anniversary go by, but decided not to after a dream I had last night that was completely unrelated to making rosaries and an email I just received from someone that found me after prayer to our Lady. I believe the dream was actually an answer to a petition  that I've been praying about for a few months now. I had been asking to be led more deeply into our Lord's Passion and to understand more and love Him more perfectly.
Upon retiring last night, I was thinking how FULL of grace Mary was and how at such a young age, she was able to accept such monumental tasks that were wrought with the possibility of dire consequences. I thought too about how she had to endure the swords piercing her Immaculate Heart that Simeon spoke of. I thought of her horror and anguish at learning Jesus had been arrested. I was brought to a place where I could barely watch as He was horrifically mauled, maltreated, humiliated and in torturous pain as He was being mocked carrying His Cross. How could Mary have stood this? Yes ... grace, I know ... but she was fully human! Watching this ... standing at the foot of the Cross after watching them drive the nails into Him ... hearing His WORDS to the Father, her and John ... holding His Lifeless Precious Body in her arms when they took Him down and then the finality of placing Him in the tomb. I was just in awe ... totally and literally. I fell asleep praying.
So, now my dream. Short .. but just as profound.

Not sure where I was, but my deceased parents were there. Momma was very sad and Daddy very solemn. My brother had just returned from the store where he had bought some wood and supplies. I was praying .. outside and looking up for a sign from heaven. My father had agreed to be crucified. My mother was very sad but very resigned to it. I too was resigned that this had to be, but it was tearing my heart out. I saw my brother forming the crucifix. Daddy began walking towards the crucifix. He had a cut and bandage on his right shin. I saw a large angel profiled in the clouds beckoning with flowing hair. I can't explain how hurtful this all was. To see this, to know what was going to happen and that it MUST happen ... I knew it was wrong to ask for it NOT to happen. It was SO distressful, that it woke me up. The first thought that came to me was that as hard as that was to see for a few SECONDS, it was NOTHING compared to the pain our Lady felt, knowing that not only this was flesh of her flesh but GOD ALMIGHTY! I think of Peter's very human reaction when Jesus told him that He would have to suffer and die. I think any one of us would have likely reacted the same way saying we didn't want that to happen to Someone we loved! But God's Ways are certainly not our ways. But in all this, Mary never even flinched. It is written that she never fainted at the foot of the Cross, but stood fast never waivering in Love, Faith and GRACE. Her gaze firmly fixed on her Precious Son, our Savior. There are many more feelings that are just too hard to put into words just now. Many things too that are going to be added to my daily petitions. I pray that God sends me a spiritual director but in this rural area, well it's almost going to require a miracle. But have to leave the rest for another time. Just too much to really put out and take in all at once!
Oh Mary, Most SORROWFUL Mother, please pray for us miserable sinners who have recourse to you in this valley of tears!

p.s. I guess the reason I related these two things to mentioning BattleBeads' Birthday was because every now and then when I wonder why and how I wound up doing this, something happens to make me feel like I'm SUPPOSED to be doing this as my little part to further the Kingdom or help in some way. May it please God for it to be so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like This Blog? ... Then please click to FOLLOW :)


A request was made that I make a video tutorial on how to make a Macramé Rosary. 1st effort by myself and my brother, the camera man :)
*** The tutorial shows and mentions #11 seed beads ... ERROR! LOL .. should be #6 seed beads! ***


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Follow Me on Pinterest
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Apostle, St. John tells us exactly how to recognize the spirit of truth from the spirit of falsehood. He says "as for them, they are of the world - and the world listens to them because they speak the language of the world. But we are children of God and those who know God: LISTEN TO US. Those who are not of God REFUSE TO LISTEN TO US. That is how we can tell the spirit of truth from the spirit of falsehood." ~1 John 4:6 [The "us" to whom St. John refers are the Apostles, and their successors the Bishops.]


Abortion Alternative - The Adoption Movement


"THE BORN SUPREMACY: OUR UNBORN IDENTITY"


LUISA PICCARRETA ~ DIVINE WILL
It WILL change your life!


Prayer to avoid the Sin of PRIDE:
“Oh My Jesus help me to avoid the sin of pride when I speak in Your Name. Forgive me if I ever belittle anyone in Your holy Name. Help me to listen Jesus when Your Voice is spoken and fill me with Your Holy Spirit so that I can discern the truth of Your Word when You call out to mankind. Amen.”


A prayer of St. Teresa of Avila:
O my God! Source of all mercy! I acknowledge Your sovereign power. While recalling the wasted years that are past, I believe that You, Lord, can in an instant turn this loss to gain. Miserable as I am, yet I firmly believe that You can do all things. Please restore to me the time lost, giving me Your grace, both now and in the future, that I may appear before You in "wedding garments." Amen.


“My children, let your speech be chosen with great care—it must be a light in the world. Know and believe that all you say has repercussions in time and eternity. Therefore, choose your words with wisdom and prudence, choosing to remain silent rather than fill the air with useless chatter or worse, gossip or virulent speech. Let your speech be a perfect mirror of your peaceful heart, a heart firmly grounded in the love of God and in complete trust in His goodness. Silence is often the more virtuous path. Bridle your tongue and you will be working for peace in the world.”

In the Name of Jesus I renounce as lies all thoughts that enter my mind from the evil one who accuses. By the authority of Jesus, I command them to leave me. I consecrate my mind to God for transformation into His Thoughts for my protection, salvation and His glory.


SWANSONS ONLINE -
THE BEST QUALITY, SERVICE AND PRICES FOR ALL YOUR VITAMIN, SUPPLEMENT AND HERBAL NEEDS!!!! Been with them over 20yrs and LOVIN' IT! :)

ZULILY ~ GREAT PRICES & GREAT STUFF!

Father Donald Calloway's New Book: ROSARY GEMS
Check it out!


Please Drop by and "LIKE" Battlebeads on FaceBook

Rosary beads, Chaplets and More by BattleBeads - Home of the USA Chaplet
Please Click here and "LIKE" us today!



Why you should pray the Chaplet

Stations

Full Rosary

Chaplet of the Holy Face

St. Gertrude Chaplet


Chaplet of Protection

MUSIC



Great Older Marian Playlist!
May Each Day

One Pair of Hands


Walking With the Lord
A Video Meditation


Lectio Divina

Please join to END ABORTIONS NOW!


FREE AUDIO BOOK:
The Story of a Soul by St. Therese
ANOTHER FREE AUDIO BOOK Father Solanus Casey

Little Latin Readers

Popular Posts

Universalis (weekly) Liturgy of the Hours

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

My Blog List

Great Catholic Sites

Flag Counter

free counters
since 6/6/10

It must be said, that like the breaking of a great dam, the American decent into Marxism is happening with breath taking speed, against the back drop of a passive, hapless sheeple, excuse me dear reader, I meant people.
—Editorial, Pravda, April 27th, 2009; http://english.pravda.ru/

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Just a Note:

Through the grace of God and many prayers, I survived a double surgery (with cancer) in the fall of 2008. Since then has becoming increasingly important to me to enhance my prayer life. I have taken on the task of praying for strangers and those with little hope and much adversity. To that end, I've also begun (July '09), to make rosaries and related items to put prayer into the hands of as many as I can that will PRAY for others.

The world is at the precipice ... we need to TAKE ACTION ... NOW. Time for fence sitting is quickly coming to an end. We all need to do what ever we can in the way of PRAYER & PENANCE to beg God's Grace upon humanity that we may shake away this sinfulness and pride to get back on the road that leads to heaven and our Glorious Triune God!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After you have made a decision that is pleasing to God, the devil may try to make you have second thoughts. Intensify your prayer time, meditation, and good deeds. For if satan's temptations merely cause you to increase your efforts to grow in holiness, he'll have an incentive to leave you alone.
~St. Ignatius of Loyola


BATTLEBEADS UPDATES, SALES & INFO!